Friday, November 22, 2013

Halloween 2013

Halloween this year was another scramble at the last minute for costumes.  It's a good thing I have a few costumes to draw on!  Spencer got to play "Hedwig's Theme" at a Halloween piano recital where he decided to dress as Slenderman (An underwhelming computer game where you spend the whole time trying to run from a being called Slenderman, who you rarely see while playing the game, essentially you run around in the dark. Whatever.) This is what he looks like. Dapper, but freakish.



Mark's firm always has a Halloween party with some games and a little dinner.  The boys weren't too crazy about the games this year and immediately asked where they could find the pizza.  They go mostly for the bag of candy that is handed to them without even a "trick or treat." D.J. wanted to be a football player this year, he borrowed the Larsen's football pads and was able to wear Mark's official Sugar Bowl helmet while at the party.  James was Sorin, a character from a Magic the gathering card ("Mom now I know how it feels like to be a girl with long hair.")

Before trick or treating picture.  Spencer went back and forth deciding to be a scarer on the porch and a trick or treater. He decided to be a bloody zombie surgeon for the actual Halloween night, with his friend Jackson. DJ went around trick or treating with his friend Brock, armed with scooters and an area map. They came back with the most candy.  I went out with James and three friends: Jack, Nate and Carson. They were especially loud and less tactful when discovering a house that gives away FULL SIZE CANDY BARS!!!!!!!  They pooped out after two neighborhood until I got out the wagon to pull their bags of candy.  That revitalized them, but I pooped out when they started riding in the wagon.

I'm usually running crazy right before trick or treating, but this year was relatively calm. So I made hot dog mummies (hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls), which was a hit!

The boys sold their candy to a local orthodonist for $2/lb AND he pays in $2 bills! James sold all of his candy! Spencer and DJ held back a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment