Friday, November 22, 2013

Fabulous at 40 and 39!

I got special treatment this year for my birthday! Beginning a few days before my birthday with a beautiful gift from Priscilla, ending with a party that Mark got together with many friends and loved ones and yummy cupcakes! My parents happened to be in town for the shindig and they snuck around hanging and painting these signs. The sign on the garage made it possible for every one I know to be informed that I am indeed 40. It's a good thing I don't feel bad about 40 coming around!


Then just to make sure that every last person I know is aware of my age, I got the shoe polish treatment. Yes, I had to run errands that day. When I went to lunch with Mark downtown I got a call from my friend Michelle who passed me on State Street. We ate at Gormandi's Bakery downtown and just as we were finishing our lunch, Mark noticed that my Aunt Kaye was a few tables away. What a fun surprise!

Even better was her surprise visit as Glendima, or Newanda, or some sort of crazy name, with toilet paper hanging out of her pants, a purple cane with a honking horn on it, offering me bread and butter pickles and "over-the-hill" prune juice. So thoughtful! My mom and sister made delicious cupcakes and Mark bought cupcakes at the Sweet Tooth Factory. Many wonderful friends came to wish me happy birthday. It was a great day!

Mark's birthday follows mine by 17 days. He likes to remind me that for 17 days I'm two years older than him.  Although it wasn't a huge celebration (working on that for next year), our family and other family members were pleased and proud to celebrate his life which blesses ours.  His birthday cake was an apple pie (al a mode).  We went to lunch together (a perk that comes with having kids in school) and I got to talk to my most favorite person in the whole world, so I guess it was more of a gift to me than to him.  Bless Elford and Priscilla for bringing him into the world!




No comments:

Post a Comment