Dallin Jay Astling is a wonderful boy. I just thought you would like to know. He has a clever mind (for better of worse), a good sense of humor, a healthy appetite, he has a mind for numbers, a caring heart and selfless disposition. We love him a lot!
This year is an odd year (the boys turn odd numbers) so we have family parties, not friend parties. But we do our best to make them feel loved and special on the day that they changed our lives for the better. As always, I let the boys choose what sort of birthday cake they want. D.J. actually drew for me what he wanted, which helped me out a lot, though I threw in little surprises. He chose four things that he was "into" this summer: Mine Craft (computer/online game), Clash of Clans (another online game), Bacon on a string, and Chicken in a Biscuit. You're going to hate me, but you can follow the links to see what the last two are about and if you would like to experience what I did this summer find the 10 hour loop youtube videos of both songs.
The cake itself is a Mine Craft square built with squares of fondant (he wasn't expecting a square out of square pattern). On top of the square are the Clash of Clans swords, bacon on a string and a chicken nugget inside of a biscuit.
D.J. also wanted bacon on a string and a chicken nugget in a biscuit for breakfast. The above picture is him swinging a piece of bacon by a string. Roxy loved that.
By far the most unusual breakfast I have ever made. A very filling breakfast.
D.J. got a new watch (which he loves-he wore the old one out),
A Magic the Gathering card set with a bajillion cards inside.
And a window fan. Just kidding (though D.J. did a great job being gracious about getting a window fan). D.J. asked for rare Magic cards that are a little more valuable than just a regular deck of cards. Because they were so small to wrap, Mark put them inside of an old VHS case, inside of a box, inside of a lot of papers, inside of a window fan box. I think he liked having the cards more than a window fan.
During the day, D.J. wanted to go bowling and Dad took a break from work to join us in the fun! D.J. was very protective of his "precious" bowling ball.
Pack meeting was held the night of D.J.'s birthday and it was the night he was set to receive his arrow of light and move on to Boy Scouts. For this achievement, I put together an arrow holding a piece of leather with all of their achievement pins. I love scout hugs!
I asked D.J. if he had a good birthday and he said, "yeah, it was really great!" Perfect.



No comments:
Post a Comment