Scout Camp 2016 took place at Maple Dell, yet again, because Maple Dell is so organized, plus they sell High Mountain Huckleberry Soda. I did not have the privilege of attending the camp, as I am only the Mom, so I can't give the nitty gritty detail, not that you, or I, would want ALL the details, but you'll get the gist of things.
This is a picture of Huckleberry Soda. Oh yeah, and DJ too, working on making a miniature suspension bridge that hones his knot-making skills.
DJ earned the Welding merit badge.
There is a new Scout Master in town: Joe, who among other things, challenged the boys to beat him in an arm wrestle. They'd better not get out of line.
Is this a rifle or a shot gun? I'm not sure, but this mother approves of the ear guards.
The obligatory Scout Camp team building exercises, that really does build teamwork.
The troop took a quiet hike and shared some stories and good times together.
And what would Scout Camp be without large amounts of food or just large food . .
. . . and a few ER visits (this is the first of two visits, both knife related, one for Colin and one for Brock)?
The swamp masters at work.
I don't think they won the swamping contest this year, but they looked ferocious enough to.
Mark changed his duty from Scout Master to Smoke Master. He hauled our smoker all the way to Maple Dell, just to give the boys this tasty treat. There was not much left over meat to be had.
An indication of a good time.
Pre-shower foot.







No comments:
Post a Comment