Halloween began with just a few decorations (Mom, you don't really need to decorate this year. To which I answered: great!) But my Aunt Kaye stopped by and left a Halloween salutation on cow clock udders. Last year I cleaned up a bunch of cow clocks that my Grandpa made and donated them to the Festival of Trees, but I didn't feel the need to attach the udders on the pendulum, so I gave her a shoe box full of udders for Christmas. She drove all the way up from Provo to give me this utterly spooky message. After taking the message down, I played Boggle with the udders and sent her pictures of many of the 90-something words I arranged. After filling up her phone memory, she asked me to stop sending so udderly many pictures. Thankfully the battle has stopped. I think.
Pumpkins seem to be the strongest and most loved tradition of Halloween in our family. It's a fun night of creativity and togetherness.
I opted for a sort of Day of the Dead pumpkin.
D.J. went with the U of U pumpkin this year.
James chose the death by knifes pumpkin.
Mark chose the understated pumpkin design. He was quite proud.
And of course we needed to hear and see "Hey, that's pretty good!" one more time, so Spencer designed that for his pumpkin.
The only dresser-upper this year was James. His class performed Michael Jackson's Thriller in flash mob style during his school's Halloween parade. Thank goodness a zombie costume is easy to put together, or rather, pull apart.
While the older two boys found parties to go to, James grabbed a pillowcase and started running. I'm not sure how many neighborhood he cased, but it was enough to amass a Twix tower.







No comments:
Post a Comment