Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Dallin Jay Astling Turns 14 Years Old!

It's fair to say that we are nerds and we enjoy it.  We enjoy a Star Wars marathon, any number of Marvel movies (though I can't keep them all straight), and enjoy math and science jokes.  But DJ takes the cake when it comes to Lord of the Rings fandom, at least in our family.  For his 14th birthday he requested ALL books written by J.R.R. Tolkien.  Which he reads while he listens to the soundtrack for the LOTR and Hobbit movies.

So, I figured he'd like an Orc cake, complete with grimy teeth, stringy hair and goggly eyeballs.

Reading books. . . 

. . and more books. . 

. . and LOTR piano books!

A break from the LOTR supplies, Granna provided a fun book with tiny perspectives.

Grandpa and Grandma Wheeler provided a money necklace.


DJ's favorite friends came to help celebrate with dinner and a movie.
Connor, Kyle and Brock.

I don't know if this happened on his birthday, but I thought it was appropriate to include here to illustrate the maturity of a 14-year-old.
Happy birthday DJ!


No comments:

Post a Comment