Sunday, June 29, 2014

Bring on the Boys!

 The week before the Tour de Cure ride, Ryan's two oldest boys joined us for a week of fun. It's so great when cousins get together, even if they've been apart for a while.  They see each other and seem to start playing a game right where they left off.  People asked me if I was crazy to take on two more boys.  I told them that the only thing I had to do was supply more food than usual, they entertain each other.

Mason sported the best chocolate milk mustache I have ever seen, and with that expression he takes on a dictator feel, don't you think?

The classic game of Twister was used so much the poor spinner was dismantled after all these years.  No worries, I will purchase another twister game and we can play double twister with more people!

I did decide after letting them play inside, outside and upside down at our house, that maybe we needed a change of scenery.  The boys took turns with our three tennis rackets and then when they spotted the sprinklers on they made for the water. 

 The swing set was well used while Sam and Mason were here.  While I was in the kitchen preparing more food, I spotted them playing. . . what shall I call it? Human obstacle course? Whack-a-boy? Swings of death?  Three boys got on the swings and went as high as they could while another boy tried to run a straight line back and forth. D.J. is pictured above and below, successfully navigating the three swingers.  And what did I do to prevent a possible trip to the ER?  Laugh and take pictures.

The landing between the boys' rooms is a popular place for card games. Devin, Tessa, Chase and Chloe joined us for a Friday night spaghetti dinner before the ride the next day. . 9 cousins! 

After the bike ride, the Astlings, the Watsons, and Ryan/Wendy Wheeler Families converged for burgers and merriment.  We've wizened up enough to not let the kids know if the food is ready or not so the adults get a chair and the table and good conversation.


Between Moab with the Astlings and Wheeler cousin visits, we've had a great season of family fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment