Amidst the many hikes and camp outs, we still found time to be a little crazy (well, in addition to our normal crazy).
The boys went to the Vector wrestling camp, which was held in American Fork, so after I drove them there each day, I engaged in a variety of activities. I brought my bike and rode for a couple of hours, went to the temple and met my crazy Aunts Jan and Kaye for breakfast. There is no resemblance whatsoever, right?
D.J.'s scout leader told him to wear something cool to one of their weekly hikes, so he interpreted that as wearing a Hawaiian shirt.
Chase, Chloe and Tessa stayed with us for a few days, so we played, went to the movies and to parks and made many crafts.
Besides working at Bryson Sales and Service, Spencer occupied himself with music, computer entertainment (League of Legends mostly) and friends. You can't tell very well here, but I believe he has two sets of headphones on.
As a favor to a friend of mine, I bought a cheese knife. That sentence sounds really weird. But she was selling cutlery for her summer job, and I decided to buy a cheese knife and a really great ice cream scoop. The knife is serrated and extremely sharp. Since it was serrated, James assumed that he should cut back and forth instead of straight down. He was concentrating on holding the cheese so firmly while he sawed that he didn't realize until to late that his finger was in the way.
Stitches at the Instacare was not an easy experience, but we had a great Dr. who calmed James down and a mother who chose to numb the finger with a few quick pokes from a shot needle instead of waiting for pills to work. Whew! Drama handled and he was better just in time for his next piano recital!
I had to include this experience of the summer because it has been close to my heart and mind. Russ Stringham, the son of our family friends, decided to enlist in the Army. He has always been the soldiering type, so we were not very surprised, but it still comes with a lot of emotion, worry and hope. A few families decided to get together before he left and we purchased a brick with his name on it that was placed at the Freedom Hill Park in Centerville. He is usually one who doesn't show much emotion, but he was very pleased and all smiles when we revealed the brick.
As I type this in June of 2018, Russell has passed his initial training and decided to go on to the grueling Ranger training, which he has just completed successfully (even with having pneumonia). We are so proud of him and are amazed at the training that goes into making a soldier. We are thankful there are those who choose to serve our country.
And then there are those who are hopeful.
As our young saps develop, there is frequent talk of muscles, getting swoll, eating right and impressing the girls, or anyone else who throws a glance their way.
Create your own caption.
It doesn't seem to matter how old the boys get, they still revert to putting things together with legos and K'nex. I don't mind one bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment