Another adventure we wanted to take the boys on was a hike on the beautiful Napali Coast. We visited Hawaii during the rainy season, so things were a bit muddy. But, that didn't stop us and other tourists from making the most of our vacation. This day also happened to be James's birthday. As we hiked the muddy trail I kept telling him that this was his initiation into manhood. I don't think he was too impressed as far as birthday parties go, but I think he felt satisfied with himself at the end!
Happiness comes with hiking!
Even hiking in this.
Spencer and DJ did actually hike with us, but they were usually at least 10 minutes ahead of the rest of us.
We were rewarded with this beautiful beach at the end. We just looked though, we didn't dare go into the water. Especially after seeing the posted sign that has tally marks of all the people that have died when daring the water.
Mark and I determined that we needed Red Dirt Shirts (shirts dyed with Hawaii red dirt) to commemorate this adventure. After the hike, we washed off and played in the ocean (a safer beach)!
We figured such a treacherous journey deserved a big shave ice!
The only thing James really wanted for his birthday was a good salmon meal. So we went to a restaurant near our hotel in Poipu and enjoyed a great birthday meal.
No comments:
Post a Comment