Sunday, April 10, 2016

Las Vegas Bowl 2015

I had shoulder surgery on December 14th, 2015. Mark and the boys took care of me so much and so well, that they decided they needed a well-derserved break.  So, five days after my surgery, they left me to go cheer for the Utes at the Las Vegas Bowl.  Mark made arrangements for a babysitter for me, Grandpa and Grandma Wheeler, and after we watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens on opening day, they headed for Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas to watch the Utes smash the BYU Cougars.

IHOP: the breakfast of champions. A good omen.

Since the game was around Christmas time (December 19), and Santa just happens to be a Ute fan, as evidenced by his consistent red garb, the boys donned the elf hats.

In the first jaw-dropping period, the Utes scored four touchdowns off of BYU turnovers. The second and third periods were extremely boring, so it was a good thing the boys had inebriated BYU fans in front of them for entertainment.  


BYU started scoring enough that in the fourth period, there was a bit of a worry they would actually win.  But the Ute defense held off further scoring and the Utes came off victorious with a 35-28 win.

Utah men are they!

Which calls for a celebratory Las Vegas buffet!
Hooray for crawdads that show their Ute pride by wearing red


As if the Las Vegas buffet wasn't enough celebrating, there was just enough time to fit in yet another viewing of Star Wars IN 3-D and lounge chairs.  According to the boys it was by far the most comfortable movie viewing ever.

I realize as I write this blog that I was never destined to be a sports writer. I'm just happy I know what the word turnover means - and it's not the pastry.



No comments:

Post a Comment