Alright, here is the cake review for 2015!
My friend's son graduated from High School (with a big sigh of relief!), so she wanted a celebratory cake for his graduation party. I used melting chocolate to make the lettering and stars in his school colors.
After celebrating Granna's 70th birthday (she requested pecan pie), we celebrated Lieve's birthday with a cake that was a chocolatey masterpiece no matter what it looked like because of the chocolate buttercream frosting. Taste aside though, I was happy with the way it turned out and I think Lieve didn't mind the chocolatey surprise either!
We've been watching a lot of the Marvel movies this year, so D.J. requested a half S.H.I.E.L.D., half Hydra cake. I had to use a lot of black food coloring to get the frosting so dark. We discovered that consuming a lot of black food coloring makes for greenish waste matter.
Spencer was non-committal about what he wanted on his cake, so I summoned help from DJ and James to determine his favorite character from League of Legends, a computer game he plays. I painted the character this time and added a few 3-d items. Thankfully he saw the finished product before Roxy got to it and thankfully she only ate half of it!
James is still a big Lego fan, but wanted something a little different. So we made Lego bricks with origami items, courtesy of DJ.
Since I was in a sling, I could handle the baking, but I couldn't wield a rolling pin, so Mark did most of the fondant decorating and he did a superb job!

No comments:
Post a Comment