Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School Jumping Jacks

I know, I know.  The first thing I do after I get all kids in school is come home and blog about them.  The apron strings are still firmly attached.  I can't say I didn't a little get choked up, but there were no tears rolling down my face, contrary to Mark's anticipation.

I just have to record James' behavior this morning.  It all started at 7 AM when James came up to me with his arms open and said, "Happy first day of school Mom!"  Like it was a holiday!  Then he starts singing to me, in the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas: "On the first day of school, my Mom gave to me, a red angry birds shirt!"  We got him a new backpack so he got that out and clipped of the tags.  After he got dressed he asked if it was time to go.  I said no, but please go clip off the tags on your back pack.  "I already did Mom."  Oh, then go clip off the tags on your lunch box.  It's quiet for a minute or two.  I walked upstairs and he had clipped off all the tags on his, D.J.'s and Spencer's lunch box and set them in the doorway of each bedroom like it was an Easter basket.  He found his pencil box and wrote his name on it and his lunch box.  All the while D.J. and Spencer were saying this, "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ."  They were still asleep!

After D.J. woke up he started getting a little excited but tried to hide it.  Spencer was just ho-hum.  James was also excited that he got to pick out the one hot lunch I let them have each week - ravioli on Wednesday.  Our neighborhood has a first day of school breakfast, so they were all excited to get to that.  Too excited in fact, so Mark ordered them to do jumping jacks to get some energy out.  James learned to ride his bike this summer so he was excited to be able to ride his bike to school and asked me at least four times during breakfast if it was time to go.

When it was time for him to get in line with his class, he knew exactly what to do, he gave Dad a high five and didn't look back. Sigh.

Here are the wacky, wonderful Astling boys, whom I love and am so excited for:











Time for my pedicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment