Sunday, August 21, 2011

All My Children Will Be in All Day School as of Tomorrow!

What am I going to do?!?! What am I going to do?!?!

Should I read Gone with the Wind?
Should I watch all six Star Wars movies? My Fair Lady? Fiddler on the Roof? The Sound of Music? Extended versions and all the extras of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy?
Should I eat chocolate and vanilla bon-bons?
Should I begin watching the latest soap-operas?
Should I take bubble baths every day?

Maybe not all in one day.  Seeing as how the first day of school is early out, and I have to go to a classroom meeting for Spencer during the day anyway, I think I'll just get a pedicure and get rid of the purple toenails I've had since the end of school.

I have been thinking of many projects I can do and many fun things too.  Painting some rooms in the house (after James's room, THE STENCIL APPLES IN THE KITCHEN WILL VANISH!), going through the dreaded file cabinet, organizing closets, cleaning all the dirt and pond scum that has collected over the summer.  Fun things: meeting Mark for lunches, friends for lunches, mother-in-law for lunch, sewing projects of my own, using art kits that my mother-in-law has given me over the years, helping my sister, keeping up on blogs.

Of course these things will happen after doing my regular enjoyable volunteering at the school in each of the boy's classes and with the PTA and with the local library and whatever nutrition counseling I'm called for.  So, maybe I won't get to all projects I'm listing, but I'm just saying, I'm coming up on a new part of life.  I'm just not the sort of Mom who cries when my babies leave for school.  I'm also not the sort of Mom who is desperate for them to go back to school (the last few days excepted because of intense bickering caused by too much time together).  I get excited for them to move on and learn new things and discover more about themselves.  I get excited for me to do the same thing about myself.  Because they are in a new phase of life so am I, and I'm up for adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment