As I noted in my last super long post, there are very many good things that happened during and because of the ATV accident. Here are some more things that are on the lighter side of things and as such, make me laugh a lot, which is so great!
We have had many people bring all sorts of food for meals and snacks. Mark commented at one point, "All this food is great! You should get injured more often!" Spencer said, "Dad, I don't think it's worth it."
Mark is a continual barrel of laughs, which I greatly appreciate. This is on top of his new workload at his job and work at home. There have been so many people who call and ask what they can do, to which his first response (every time) is: "I think Lisa really needs to watch me eat some double stuff Oreos and drink Cherry Coke Zero." I laugh every time. . . and roll my eyes just a little.
Mark is also excited for me to use a "jazzy." I was not aware that was the name for the electronic shopping go-carts you see in the grocery store. After he took me to the Dr. we went to Hobby Lobby to get some projects to work on while I'm sitting, sitting, sitting. He directed me toward the huge wheelchair with the huge basket. I said I could shuffle. But half way through the store, I realized I needed the wheelchair. He was all too happy to roll me around the store and would ask: "Can I make beeping sounds like this: BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" or other vehicular sounds, making the sounds as an example of course, not just asking the questions. That was of course a manual wheel chair. He will likely not give up pushing the "jazzy" on me.
The boys wondered which of the three of them have stepped on cracks recently.
My raspberries are starting to ripen and all is good with the world when that happens. DJ brought three raspberries in for me the other day and I nearly cried as I ate them! I even shuffled into the backyard myself this morning and picked a few choice berries. Our raspberry patch was the predominant reason for buying our house, by the way.
I have not given into daytime television. Daytime television, by definition, is an endorphin downer, according to me.
My chief endorphins upper is Mark. He makes me laugh all the time and I love him dearly for that and making me sit down and getting everything I could possilby need to fit onto the tables and arms of chairs that I spend so much time on. He is so good to me as he tries to pull double duty by completing responsibilities at work and even more at home now.
But we both couldn't do it without all the wonderful friends and family who give and give and give and give and give. We love you all and marvel at your selflessness. You raise our endorphins by making us laugh and bring us peace, which is a great combination!
The Nabby Tree
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment