That's all I remember from the 99 Red Balloons song in German (or something). I thought of that song when Mark and I got to go on a hot air balloon ride this summer while at an attorney retreat. We spent the weekend in Park City (thank you Grandma Wheeler! x2) There were many activities we could choose from, but when Hot Air Ballooning is one of the choices - that's a no-brainer! We started early in the morning and were assigned basket groups. Our basket could hold eight, but there were some that would hold 12!
The balloon pilot began filling the balloon with air using a large fan, then when it seemed full enough with regular air, he began filling it with hot air. Our ballon had a smiley face!
Mark had to hold up the material, so air could get in and the ropes wouldn't get burned. Mark did a great job because our ropes didn't snap when we lifted off!

Our balloon pilot said that this is a "ballonar elipse"!
After an hour of a very peaceful flight, we landed safely in a field by the freeway. The balloon technicians essentially rolled up the balloon like a giant sleeping bag! What a great experience! Park City from up high was just beautiful, with views of mountains and lakes. I can check this off my bucket list!
Wow! That looks really cool! I bet the views were spectacular!
ReplyDelete