There is a billboard on the way from Davis County to Salt Lake. It is a black and white picture of Jennifer Aniston. She is somewhat covered in a bedsheet and holding something up in her hand. What do you think that product is? Perfume? Fabric Softner? Cotton? Air freshner? Wrong. THE AD IS FOR "SMART WATER"!!!
To make the ad even more unbelievable, the ad says "My Secret Revealed." Does this strike anyone else as a little off-the-mark? What this says to me is: Jennifer Anniston drinks Smart Water, which makes her so smart she advertises bottled water in something that must make total sense to her: sheets. I'm thinking the ad executive needs to dip into some of that Smart Water. Which, by the way, makes you no smarter than regular water. In fact, buying the stuff actually makes a good case for a low I.Q. because if you think that fortified water will make you smarter you may as well lay around in sheets all day.
Here's another great ad that comes to my mailbox every three months or so. It says:
"Life is too short to clean your own house." It is an ad for a maid service. So, does this mean that for the maids advertised, life is long? If so, should I look into maid service as my own employment? Forget finding the fountain of youth, I'll just clean other people's houses and I'll live long. So, why can't I clean my own house and live long? Maybe it's because I know the people that belong to the socks I pick up every day and with each sock a gray hair emerges because I know I've told them a gazillion time to pick them up, but I end up doing it!!! Then I wonder how I'm going to pay for the things that are more fun than cleaning my house when I'm paying for a maid to clean it. I suppose the maid service is banking on the chance that the person who cleans house picks up the flier and exclaims, "you know, you're right! life is too short to clean my house! I've wasted my life away! Well, that's going to change here and now." Then six months down the road after paying the maid bills and deciding it wasn't worth it, this person still thinks life is too short to clean the house and then we get reality shows about hoarders.
I'll actually posts interesting pictures next time.
I'm telling you, you should be writing those add campaigns. Anything with Jennifer Anistan or Brad Pitt or Angelina Jole makes me nervous!!!
ReplyDelete