Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I Love Harvesting (I am a food nerd)

OK. I just want you to know that I love food. I love growing food, I love preparing food, I love eating food. I love the science of food, I love the miraculous things food does for our bodies, I love the colors of food, I love the tastes of food (except for saurkraut, pickled beets, raw fish and brown bananas. Oh, and balogna, but that's not really considered a food in my book, vienna sausages fall in that category too), I love how food smells. So when I see these beautiful bottles of harvested and bottled food that comes from my garden or from local growers, I nearly weep with joy. I am a food nerd.


And I just had to take a picture of these. Mark was going through the pictures and said, "What is this?" "Ummm, those are peaches that I peeled," says I. Mark asked, "and why did you take a picture of them?" "Because right after I peeled them and they sat a while, the juices came out a bit and they were so shiny and succulent and they nearly made me weep. I had to preserve them in picture because I know they will be eaten soon," says I. "Okaaaay," says Mark. Yup, I'm a food nerd.


I just had to include these cute strawberry mice that I made for some clients of mine (three children). If they achieve their goal for the week, I bring a fun food treat.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think you are a nerd. Just maybe one card short of a full deck. After all, you do dress as trees to entertain children. What's not normal about that?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those peaches look delicious. I can just imagine biting into one and having the juice run down my chin and fingers. Yum, yum, yum. And if you are a food nerd, then you are one of my favorite nerds in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love nerds at our house. And our favorite kid fruit is banana caterpillars. I'll show you sometime. I just made Jason one a month ago.

    By the way, are any of the clothes you took home now designated as "dress ups?"

    ReplyDelete