Design and construction begin. . . . with swimming goggles, because he can't find his paint gun goggles.
Nervousness. . . checking out the friendly competition.
Spencer is the one standing up in the back with both fists clenched and shoulders tight.
Some people talk with their hands, Spencer talks with hid body.
Dad is in charge of the finish line? It's a good thing he's honest. It's also a good thing he gives Spencer comfort and direction.
The race is over, Spencer won. He was under strong direction to be a good sport and congratulate the other racers. Which he did, then proceeded to talk about why he most likely won.
He came up to me afterward and told me that he was speechless. . . . for a few seconds. . . . then he told me about everything.
Spencer also had a piano recital in the end of August. It was a duet recital and he played "Balloon Pop Polka" with three other students. The song involved popping and blowing up balloons. They did a great job!
Spencer is now in third grade. THIRD GRADE!! His sense of humor is maturing, the way he looks at the world is different, but there's always time for play. In fact, Mark was helping Spencer prepare a family home evening lesson that Spencer was underwhelmed with. He told Mark, "you are wasting my time, I could be playing!" This is Spencer's life philosophy.
There could be no one that loves Spencer more than this Grandma. I love his nervousness, I love his talkitiveness, I love his energy, I love his brain, and I love his excitement for life. I hope no one ever squelches that love of life!
ReplyDelete