I love D.J. He is a very intuitive and thoughtful kid. He is very smart, especially with math and is usually always willing to help without complaining much. He loves to build things and make things with his hands. Until recently he was very set against taking piano lessons until he taught himself how to play "twinkle, twinkle" on a playground chime set and now he can't wait to start lessons. He's my kid who goes with the flow, yet sometimes if the flow isn't what he wants he's very stubborn about getting something he wants out of the deal. He's a no fear, try nearly anything kid. He recently told me that he loves Jesus more than me, which is just how it should be. Here's to our Dallin Jay:
The requested Lego Star Wars cake. If you cannot recognize it, it is a scene from the battle of Geonosis, Star Wars Episode II.
D.J.' s party invitations had to be unscrambled and put together.
It's a friend party this year!
When we were in St. George I declared a vacation from making breakfast and we had cold cereal (which my kids usually don't go for). Spencer exclaimed one morning: "D.J. is on the cereal box!"
Mom watch! Crazy nutso takes after his Uncle Jed.
D.J. finally lost one of his front teeth. Now he has a three tooth gap, two on the top, one on the bottom. His tooth booty is on the countertop. He will properly fit into second grade now.
I love this great kid. I love his Jack-O-Lantern smile. I love his mathematical mind. I love his ability to be alone. I love his sweetness. I love his stuborness. How blessed am I to even know him.
ReplyDelete