2017 is the year that the cakes started to change.
That sounds kind of spooky, but it's kind of a nice change. Most cakes went from fondant to buttercream (an upgrade in my opinion - mmmm buttercream!). Also, the boys have kind of moved away from requesting cakes and just letting me choose what to do for them.
I chose to make a Vote for Pedro cake for DJ because he's such a fan of Napoleon Dynamite. Buttercream and a little fondant for DJ's 15th birthday.
Go Merica! Spencer is such a fan of all things America that I thought this would be a tasty patriotic treat for his 17th birthday. No fondant at all.
James requested a chocolate ice cream cake, which was supposed to be easier than regular cake, except that you have to work quickly or it will melt. However it turned out looking, the taste was pretty darn good!
One of my neighbor's daughters (Brittany Bailey) got married this fall and I helped with the bridal shower. This cupcake cake was a fun new creation for me and really fairly simple.
My friend Esther asked me to make this special cake for her daughter Abby's 4th birthday because Abby watches this YouTuber who makes cakes (and has a high squeaky voice) and this cake she watched over and over again.
I have to say it was fun doing something with pink and purple and it just made me smile when I thought about Abby seeing it for the first time.






No comments:
Post a Comment