Last year Spencer came home from school and asked if he could be on the wrestling team. Uhhh. . sure? He started a pre-season in November and then the Jr. High wrestling season the following February. He loved it and I love it too! It's great for camaraderie, we've got great coaches for role models, it's a fraction of the cost of football, the matches only last around five minutes and it tires the boys out because they work really hard at practices. The only thing I don't like is when they think they have to lose or gain a few pounds within days. I've put a kibosh on that.
In true Spencer form, he's recruited D.J. to wrestle with him this year, along with a few other friends, because if he thinks it's awesome, so will other people. They are in different weight classes so they will not wrestle each other (thank goodness).
Most of the pre-season was just practice, with one tournament, to help with experience. But the Jr. High season has started and they both had a great first meet.
Here's D.J. first Jr. High match. He is in the red shirt and gray shorts. There were not enough singlets for all boys, which Spencer is disappointed about because he think's they make him look sexy. I think he's trying to convince himself.
Spencer's first Jr. High match as an 8th grader. He is in the white shirt and blue shorts.
No comments:
Post a Comment