Yup. It was my last year as literacy chair for the PTA at JA Taylor Elementary. D.J. moved on to Jr. High and James goes to a different elementary school, so no more PTA at Taylor Elementary. I enjoyed reading to each class each month, though I am a little excited to read books higher than level 6 on the Accelerated Reading program. I must have been trunky because I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do.
The theme for the year hd to do with math, so I tried to read books with numbers and I made a number line with books that had numbers in the title. The first book I read was "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish." I had this great idea to turn a red graduation gown into a fish costume, but I was called a dinosaur or dragon more than a fish. Too bad Dr. Seuss didn't write "One Dragon, Two Dragon, Red Dragon, Blue Dragon."
My new favorite books for kids is Pete the Cat because it's so catchy and usually has a groovy, flower child theme.
Roxy wasn't too happy about it though.
My protege.
One of my last books was one of my favorites: "The Mightiest." It is a book about who the mightiest in the jungle is. Spoiler alert: It's the Mom who is the mightiest!






No comments:
Post a Comment