What can I say about D.J.'s brain? It is amazing. It is sometimes puzzling. It is very math oriented. It is clever. It is bright. It is marvelous.
This is what his brain set to work at after we had Chase and Chloe to our house for a day:
I think perhaps he may have received the symmetry gene from Mark. Though now that I look at it, the bridge pieces are not quite lined up. I won't show him this picture for a while or he may not be able to sleep.
D.J. went to Mark's office one evening, before or after a U of U basketball game. In order to entertain himself while Mark worked he worked a division problem. It looks like 679310586649256781239522 divided by 5. Along the math lines, this morning Mark put D.J. to work recording all the heights on our "mark your height" growing board and then entered them into a graph that showed growth curves. That kept him busy for a while.
D.J. loves Roxy. While playing with her with tennis balls one day, he decided to test Roxy's skill with the old ball under the cup trick. She did pretty well with two cups and then they worked up to five cups and she still did pretty well. In the end she just wanted the ball so badly, she just knocked them all over. D.J. thought it was all good fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment