The last festivity for the Astling calendar year is James' birthday. We have an advent calendar for Christmas which James usually gets to before anyone else because it is both an advent for Christmas Day and for his birthday. He gave us the countdown each day. He is nine this year but plays and talks like the big boys.
There was a little bit of a melt down after the first gift was opened when his expectations were shot after discovering Mom got the wrong thing. The Magic the Gathering deck was supposed to be a Dimmer deck belonging to a group other than "Theros." I thought I did my due diligence, but it turns out I could've been a little more diligent. Everyone moved on though and after drying tears, moved on to other exciting gifts.
This monkey boy got the oldie but goodie "Barrel of Monkeys" game, a stuffed monkey with huge eyes, an Iron Man Lego set, a chess game from Granna, candy and money from Wheeler grandparents, and a pink feather accompanied with $10 from great grandma Wheeler.
James is the one on the right. You may notice that the monkey cake has mis-matched ears. This is because a certain birthday boy forgot to push in his chair at the table in the morning, which was a invitation for Roxy to steal and ear. A chocolate covered doughnut, unfrosted, sans fondant was the replacement. Roxy is still alive.
James now has three monkeys. Let me introduce you to James I, James II, James III and James IV. I like James I the best, he gives great monkey hugs!


I love that little monkey!!!
ReplyDelete