Sunday, December 29, 2013

Cake Review 2013

I made four cakes this year; one for each of the boys and one for a baby shower. All were different and fun to make but the best part of this whole cake ordeal (my gift to them) is seeing the boys faces when they come downstairs in the morning (their gift to me).

 D.J. is into a computer game called Minecraft where you build whatever you want out of virtual, 3-D blocks. The main cake is made to look like it is built out of bricks.  He also likes a game called Clash of Clans and requested the two swords as a token from that game.  There are two incredibly annoying songs on You Tube called "Chicken Nugget in a Biscuit," and "Bacon on a string."  D.J. thought he was so clever to request this for his cake AND for his breakfast.




 Spencer is into Magic the Gathering, a card game and wanted the design on the back of all the Magic cards, I did my best to replicate this design in fondant:


10 guild signs are on the sides of the cake


One of my friends was expecting a little girl after having two boys, so I figured she needed a few pink things.  It was fun to host something in the pink realm!  I decided upon this cake for the pink fest.  I now have three huge pink balls of fondant in my freezer that I'm hoping I can use some other time!

This was, by far, the easiest cake I've done, but very fun to do! Only the light parts are fondant and the dark parts are regular frosting made to look like hair, with the ears being small chocolate doughnut covered in frosting.  This was for monkey boy James, who couldn't really decide what he wanted for a cake, so I surprised his with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment