We all needed it! WE NEEDED A VACATION! So we took a dam vacation!
To Hoover Dam that is.
Long, long, long, long, long ago, I went to Hoover Dam with my elementary school class. I haven't been back since. Mark also remembers going there with his family just a little while ago. But he hasn't been back since. So, we decided that our children needed to go to Hoover Dam so that when they are older they can tell their kids that long, long, long ago they visited the dam. There was no short supply of jokes. The kids, especially James, were all-too-happy to "fake swear." We even made Granna laugh when she texted me and asked, "How is your vacation?" I texted back, "We are at Hoover Dam." She replied, "How exciting." I replied, "It's dam exciting!" Which made her laugh for 3 1/2 minutes straight, give or take a few seconds.
Now for the dam pictures (as you can tell, I myself, jump at the chance to "fake swear").
We are on top of Hoover Dam and in front of the new bridge that my brother Ryan helped engineer.
In two states at one time: Arizona and Nevada
On the dam tour we were taken into the one of the turbine rooms. It really is an amazing place!
The small museum shows how the dam was built, how power is made and distributed.
And now for the best part! ESCALATORS! Really long ones that just begged the boys to ride them up and down numerous times.
That same weekend we went to a bird show in Moapa Valley where we played bird games like, "help the birds survive and the environment too," or something like that.
When presented with a very large statue of a lizard, one must sit upon it, he had the most relaxing seat for the bird show!



No comments:
Post a Comment