I was just going through pictures and realized there were a bunch of other fun things we did this summer that need to be remembered!
Some 4th of July pictures at the Centerville parade. Our friends, the Chinsky's joined us on the Pierce's lawn this year. James, cool guy, is hanging out with Timothy and Noah.
The Pierce's also had an out-of-garage-band party in their driveway. Rock band was projected onto their garage door. The kids were zoned out, but pulled themselves away long enough to do some fireworks.
We went on a family hike in a canyon near Mueller Park. It was drudgery for the boys until I suggested they dip their heads into the stream and make mohawks/spikey hair.
We had a visit from the Minnesota Davis family (Bart and Loni) so we went to Lagoon with the whole clan and then bounced back with just my clan. The boys were overwhelmed with amusement parks this summer!
We fit in a visit to Salt Lake's new (and very awesome) Natural History museum with the Larsen's and Stringham's.
Spencer, D.J. and James were employed to babysit two neighbor boys, Damon and Andrew, to give their expectant mother a little quiet time. They were great babysitters and didn't tire too much of entertaining two "little brothers."
We had a visit from two Minnesota family friends in one week! The Harris boys spent a few hours with us and the Ames family came through a few days later. It was like no time away had passed between us, except for the noticeable difference that they are all two feet taller!
We also went to Pineview Reservoir with the Davis family and had a great day getting wet, skiing, tubing and ski-doo-ing.
The weekend before school started I followed through on a promise to have a Star Wars marathon. We fit four of the six movies in and a couple of spoofs. At one point I had 16 boys in the house! We went through lots of candy, 12 pizzas and multiple bags of popcorn. I'm going to have to do it again as I have just discovered that one of Spencer's friends has not seen "Return of the Jedi" when he asked, upon viewing the Han Solo frozen in carbonite cake: Did he ever get unfrozen from that? The party stopped and there was silence.













No comments:
Post a Comment