About a month ago we decided to go one week without watching any screens for entertainment. We could use screens for educational reasons or communicating needs. Mark and I stretched the definition of 'educational' and 'communication' but the kids did great! As a reward we decided to go to one of these new trampoline places that seems to be cropping up everywhere. When I say trampoline places, I'm not talking about a playground sales place. I'm talking about a huge room with trampolines for walls and floors. This place only lets you bounce for an hour, which I thought wouldn't be long enough. It is. I planned on jumping with the kids, just to have some fun with them. Mark was undecided. But it didn't take long for me to become completely enamored with the foam pit!
Me enamored. . .
with the foam pits. (DJ's back flop)
You would bounce on these long trampolines and do whatever trick you wanted and land however you ended up - without any broken bones or pulled muscles.
That is until you tried to get out of the pit. That took some doing. And how very fortunate it was that there was a camera filming your tricks that you could watch from the pit and then it kept running as you tried and tried and tried to get out of the pit so that viewer can watch the front and the back of you struggle.
Spencer's head flop
And James, the only smart one who wore shorts.
Mark joined in too!
My friend told me that if you jumped into the pit for the whole hour, you would burn 500 calories, mostly by trying to get out of the pit! I discovered that it is easier to get out of the pit if you move across it like a beetle rather than push your feet downward. Even more fun for views to watch!
Running on the walls like Spiderman was a favorite activity and James liked to climb to the top and slide down. I have to say that the owners were smart in their choice of music (80's and 90's) for all the parents who were there. I think I actually embarrassed Spencer with my head banging.
I'm noticing that many of the pictures we took were of me and Mark. Perhaps it was because we were so pleased with ourselves for doing it - for an hour straight! We would get in line for the foam pits, hold each other's glasses and then go again!
I feel it necessary for me to give warning to all Moms out there who engage in such an activity. I wondered why there were so many Moms sitting on couches, just watching their kids and not joining in on the fun. I know now. Having children does unexpected things to your bladder. So, word to the wise: Refrain from drinking anything up to four hours before jumping. Go to the bathroom before you leave home. Go to the bathroom right before you jump. Take a few pitstops during the hour and don't drink anything until the hour is up. Just sayin'.
But it's totally worth all the bathroom stops! It's soooo much fun!
You're welcome.
I want to do this!!!! And yes, I will go potty first.
ReplyDelete