Here are my crazy, awesome boys! Spencer is a transformer. D.J. is Hobbes and
James is Calvin.
Spencer made his costume a month ago. He's been into transformers lately, so of course that is what he wanted to be for Halloween. In the beginning of October he started begging me for boxes. After I bottled applesauce, he took the apple box upstairs, along with some string and an hour later he came down with his costume. We spray painted it at the last minute of course. I was pretty impressed that he could actually transform from weapons mode to vehicle mode (a tank). The costume lasted through the DJP party, trunk or treating and most of Halloween night trick or treating.
For the last six months our house has had at least two Calvin and Hobbes books at any given time. Often you would find those books on top of the refrigerator because we had to take them away so the boys would actually listen to us! After a trip to DI, two rolls of electrical tape, and some sewing machine magic, the dynamic duo came to life!

Wheelin' and dealin' with the Halloween loot. I can't believe how many full size candy bars are given out!
D.J.'s class had a zombie performance this week. It was dark in the room and a black light was pointed at them. Pretty cool!
We participated in a trunk or treat and there were two costumes that were just awesome, so I had to feature them on the blog: a pink tank run by girl power. . .
. . . . and the cutest oompa loompa ever!
Happy Halloween!




LOVE the costumes! And I'm super impressed with Spencer's Transformer skills! That is really incredible!
ReplyDelete