Sunday, December 5, 2010

Merry Halloween!

So, I'm a little behind. Whatever. The kids had a great time with their halloween costumes. James went to a theater yard sale with me (poor kid still has to go nearly every where with me), and there was a clown suit, just his size. So he decided he could shelf the Iron Man idea until next year. He makes a pretty cute clown!


One of our favorite movies for the year was Despicable Me (thanks Uncle Jesse!) As we were running through the costume ideas, after about 20 "no's" to my ideas, we finally struck gold (hee, hee) when I mentioned the minions from the movie. I looked online at premade costumes, but I just can't spend that much for two hours on one night. So we made our own. Perhaps my boys will look back and think their mother was just a cheapskate, but they didn't seem to mind in the moment! We discovered that many people had not seen the movie, so they didn't quite get it. Some people guessed that they were Spongebob Squarepants (oh, the horror), or Bob the Builder. We had fun with it anyway! D.J. is the top picture, Spencer is the bottom.


1 comment:

  1. I think your Halloween costumes are always the best. You always make me kick myself for not being more creative.... I take the easy way out and buy costumes. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete