I couldn't have known. . . how wonderfully involved Mark would be in taking care of basic baby needs: changing diapers, feeding, rocking to sleep, cleaning up throw up, sucking snot out with the blue bobble of death, bathing.
I couldn't have known . . . the powerful feelings that come when I watch Mark teaching our boys correct principles and morals.
I couldn't have known. . . that Mark would not talk down to the boys, but maintain the same vocabulary with them that he does with his clients (though maybe a little less about C-corps and S-corps).
I couldn't have known . . . the utter joy of a whole family laughing together - even over bodily functions!
I couldn't have known . . . how passionately Mark feels about providing the necessities for his family, but not overindulging.
I couldn't have known. . . how much of his happiness comes from opening the door after coming home from work to boys ready to be with him.
I couldn't have known. . . the look on Mark's face when one of our sons touches his heart in some way or another.
There are so many other wonderful things I've discovered about Mark while parenting with him!
I realize of course that there is a flip side to this and that there are a lot of things that we couldn't have known that lead to spouse and parental hardship and we are not immune to these. But the hardships are tempered with the wonderful surprises which makes us fulfilled. I am not saying that I have the best husband in all the world, who is the best father in all the world (there is only One of those). But, he is the best for me and the best for our children and I don't compare him to others, because you have the best for you (hopefully).
Thanks for being the best Dad for our three boys, Mark!
No comments:
Post a Comment