Friday, October 21, 2016

Spring Break 2016

You would think that with the boys getting older that they wouldn't be as into Easter egg making and hunting, but food is food and candy is candy, so they were as enthusiastic as ever.


I should've have put sports mode on my camera because they were moving so fast to find eggs, but the blur gives you the idea of their enthusiasm.

This year I bought three dozen eggs, 2 cartons of 18, so we could color a bunch and then use the others to make delicious rolls and ham sauce.

I carefully marked one carton as boiled, so as to keep them apart.  After the Easter egg hunt DJ went to crack a colored boiled egg and we were both surprised to see yellow yolk dribbling from his hands.  I was seriously flabbergasted because I was so careful to mark the boiled ones as boiled.  I cracked another colored egg and sure enough, it was raw!  I'm one who likes to learn something from everything, so here's the lesson, which I posted on Facebook:
 After dyeing eggs, hiding and finding them, DJ said, Mom, watch this, I can crack and egg with one hand. He squeezed the egg, and to our surprise, a raw egg exploded out! It turned out that we dyed the raw eggs instead of the boiled ones that I actually marked "boiled" on the carton. I'm still laughing about it! Just a simple reminder that Easter is about remembering Jesus, who helps us fix mistakes, made do-overs possible, and that he can help us see the light and find joy in life, despite, or because of mistakes. I hope your Easter was meaningful!

While the boys were breaking from school we decided find some things to fill time before we left for Colorado to visit the Astlings.  We decided to make chocolate molds by pushing objects into cornstarch, removing them and filling the mold with chocolate.  It worked fairly well, and even in the instances it didn't work, it still tasted good!


I love going to the bookstore or library with my kids.  I'm not so sure the bookstore employees like it so much, but we do.


At the end of the week we went to Colorado to visit our new nephew/cousin Oscar Daniel as well as Lieve, David and Stephen.

We had a wonderful time making him laugh and letting him make us laugh.




Go Utes!

We delivered one of Granna's one-of-a-kind, cute baby sweaters (I still have all of the sweaters she made for our boys, tucked away nicely).



What's a vacation without video games and a few Brian Reagan videos that made us nearly pee our pants.


A game with Uncle David late into the night.

Swimming fun with boys and a hot tub with snow flurries coming down.
All in all, a great Spring Break for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment