Another school year has come and gone and I had another fun year reading to the kids at school. It has come to the point that whenever I'm at the school, the kids think I'm dressed as something. My favorite is when I go to school in exercise clothes or am sporting a pre-shower look and they say, "who are you today?" I say, "a frumpy housewife." I get blank stares for that one.
For Candy Shop Wars. . .
. . . a Laffy Taffy, complete with jokes: How do you mend a broken jack-o-lantern? With a pumpkin patch. What do you call a monkey who loves potato chips? A chip monk.
Little Critter books
Joseph had a Little Overcoat is one of my favorite books. Mark wasn't crazy about the costume. I guess I looked too much like a man. I had a PTA Christmas party to go to in the middle of my reading so I just went like this, because they already know how crazy I am. Nobody recognized me as I approached the door and someone told me, mid-sentence, that they couldn't take me seriously. So, I consider this my most successful costume.
Maybe this is why I decided to let my hair grow long.
Froggy books are always a hit! I need to do a better job at matching my greens because many kids pointed out my mismatch. When you are finding costumes at the thrift store you can't be too picky. Frogs are multicolored anyway. Well, this one is.
Literacy Month was "Rhyme Time." Nobody knew what a beatnik was. Perhaps that's good.
The principal joined me for Dr. Suess Day to peruse the lunchroom and ask students to rhyme words. Many took the opportunity to pull on my tail too.






No comments:
Post a Comment