D.J. is very kind. He's an easy kid to like because he's so easy-going and he cares about your feelings and he's fun to laugh with. He is very strong and also a bit stubborn. For these reasons, you don't want to be caught underneath him. Like this. . .
D.J. decided to try a sport that's new to us: wrestling. It was a three week clinic with one practice and one meet each week. He did pretty well for a first year. He didn't give up and just kept trying. We soon discovered though, that technique trumps strength and stubbornness. So a few of the wrestlers who had been to the clinic since kindergarten had a bit of an advantage. But he had fun and it was quite entertaining to watch!
Good job D.J.!!!
There is one other thing about D.J. that I would like to remember. This school year he's had a hard time remembering to bring home his lunch box. I have a few back ups, but then he forgets to bring the back ups home. So I sent his lunch in a few other things: a tin can and a Ritz box (on which I wrote: consider this your howler - Harry Potter reference to a yelling letter). I could just send his lunch in a disposable brown paper bag, but I can be stubborn environmentalist too. So, I warned him that if he doesn't bring ALL of his lunch boxes home, I will go buy a pink lunch box for him to use. Just to prove my point, I bought a pink lunch box that turned out to be a little purse (I just grabbed it off the shelf). When he saw the lunch box he was red-faced MAD. He has not forgotten his lunch box since. I'm such a mean Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment