Have you ever been to the science museum? In their store, they have suckers that have critters in them. Scorpions, spiders, cockroaches. Never tried one. But I know how to make them. Now.
At the beginning of soccer season this year, I got out the camp chairs out of winter storage and threw them in the back of the van (because of course we are in a hurry). When I got to the soccer game and lugged the camp chairs out to the field an orange sucker fell out of the netted cup holder. This is what is looked like:
Can you make out the head, thorax and abdomen? Sweet. I stood in the parking lot for two minutes just staring at that sucker, thinking. . . really? Legos, rocks, k'nex, money, clips, pens and beads that I've found in my dryer are now surpassed in the category of unexpected discoveries. Then I dryly wondered what would be next.
Now I'm a fairly adventurous foodie, but I just couldn't bring myself to taste it. But I still wonder . . .
Hi Lisa - I just caught up on your blog. I forgot it moved to this one so now I need to add it to my favorites.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are sensible enough to use up a dishwasher and then buy one that's quiet and bigger. I love picking out appliances because I want "features."
I loved our Cancun trip many years ago but loved Chichen Itza and Cozumel the best of all the days we spent there. I'll tell you my "feeding the fish" story from Cozumel sometime. It's a great way to see lots of fish while snorkeling.
I'm glad you're home but happy you got to get away. It's always good to go somewhere with your best friend.