Monday, March 14, 2011

A BIG CHANGE at the Astling Home

I have never taken the boys to a hair cutting establishment. I have always been a penny-pincher that way and overly optimistic of my abilities.  So, I cut their hair, for better or worse.  All three boys have had a "bowl cut" type hair cut in their younger years and eventually they move to shorter hair cuts.  D.J. wanted his hair shaved like Dad's when he was in kindergarten.  I don't remember why the bowl cut ended with Spencer, I don't think his lasted long because he couldn't hold still long enough.  James has had his bowl cut the longest, partially because he doesn't care about hair and partially because we feel it is irresistibly cute.  His reason for wanting to rid himself of the bowl cut: he wants to look like Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes).  So here are before and after pictures:

James' look for the last four years (a little more shaggy than usual):

The short cut (he was upset it didn't look just like Calvin's yet, which is true because he looks exactly like D.J. in this picture):

The Calvin cut:

1 comment:

  1. I love the spikey look! And James is irresistibly cute no matter what his hair looks like.

    ReplyDelete